10th Annual Metuchen Junebug ArtFest is Just Around the Corner
200+ Visual and Performing Artists
One AMAZING Art Party!
The annual Metuchen Junebug ArtFest kicks off on Saturday evening, June 3rd from 6:00 – 10:00 pm with a fantastic array of open air art exhibits, live “art” events and music performances throughout the streets downtown Metuchen.
New this year, the festival is offering seated music concert experiences and will feature pre-eminent bands from the tri-state area in a range of genres: Rock, Country, Blues, Latin Salsa, Jazz, Alternative/Punk, Indie Rock and Acoustic Americana.
|8:30 pm on the Main Stage in the center of downtown Metuchen:|
|June 3||June 10||June 17||June 24|
|The Circle of Trust Band
Ben Davis, Danny Cotton, Zack Leffand,
(Rock, Blues, Soul)
Paul Caluori, Steve Frank, Justin Hopkins, Steve Kaplan (Alt Country to Traditional Acoustic Americana)
|David Cedeno and his American Salsa
(Salsa, Latin Jazz, Meringue)
|Conrad Herwig Quintet Conrad Herwig, Abraham Burton, Marc Stasio, Kenny Davis, Robby Ameen
|June 24 “End of Junebug” Concert at the Old Franklin Schoolhouse (491 Middlesex Avenue): 8:30 pm – Coach N Commando; 10:00 pm – Lowlight|
“The music alone is reason enough to head to downtown Metuchen every Saturday night in June,” says Grace Shackney, Chair of the Metuchen Arts Council. “Thanks to generous support from the Metuchen Savings Bank and the Middlesex County Cultural & Heritage Commission, we will be sharing a diverse and exciting line up of bands with Junebug visitors.”
In addition to live music performances, plans are well underway for an unforgettable 10th anniversary festival, including the following highlights:
- Annual Junebug Sculpture by Madison NJ-based Dan Fenelon – Unveiling of a large wooden creation painted in Dan’s signature vibrant, muralist style
- Metuchen High School Student Art Show – Work of 18 MHS students on display
- Metuchen Library Community Nursery School – Emerging Artist Show – Talented students presenting work inspired by famous artists
- CAI’s Creativity Corner – Create Your Own Junebug Tie Dye T-Shirt + Clicks n Bricks Demonstration
- Imma Barrera Photo Walk / Competition – Only 10 spots left; sign up in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Glassblowing Demonstration by East Falls Glassworks, Philadelphia’s only public access glassblowing studio
- Art e Vino Kids and Adults Painting Party – Two sessions: 5:30 – 7:00 pm (children and young adults); 8:00 – 10:00 pm (adults 21 and over + wine tasting)
- Open Mic Night@ Cai’s Café – Hosted by Danny Adlerman
- CAI’s Creativity Corner – Create Your Own Junebug Tie Dye T-Shirt + Clicks n Bricks Demo
June 17th – Main Street Closed During Junebug
- Junior Bug: Kids Art Zone @ Junebug Plaza, parking lot opposite Lollipop Land: Live game of “Candy Land;” Pop Up Mural and Selfie Station; Face Painting; Performance by Hub City Fencing; interactive sculpture created by Robyn Russo; art project for the Metuchen-Edison Community Dog park
- 4-on-1 Painters on Canvas: The Surrealist Vision – Four local artists will paint live: Easton Davy, Ed Wetzel, Billy Seccombe and Enrique Zaldivar.
- Meet & Greet with BLAME Filmmakers – 22-year-old Metuchen resident Quinn Shephard’s first feature film BLAME was shot in Metuchen and had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in April
- Junebug Red Carpet Exclusive: Meet the CARBON Filmmaker – Metuchen resident, Claire McClanahan, is the writer, producer and lead actor in a new independent feature film called CARBON
- Hailey’s Harp & Pub Beer Garden – The best of local craft beers on tap
- Novita Wine Bar – Specialty wines and Junebug Sangrias
- Woodmont Metro Food Grove – Relax and dine, picnic style, with other art and music fans in a communal setting
- Junebug Grab & Go Meals – Prix fixe meals from participating restaurants, sponsored by the Metuchen Downtown Alliance (MDA)
- Pottery Wheel Demonstration by local potter Kathryn Jerabek Davis
- Dancing with Bubbles – Children and adults are invited to help create giant bubbles large enough to embrace an entire family
- Cai’s Creativity Corner – Create Your Own Junebug Tie Dye T-Shirt; Clicks n Bricks Demo; Danny & Jeremy Acoustic Duo – One guitar and two harmonious voices performing rock, folk and pop tunes
- Window Gallery Competition – Showcasing the work of 22 established artists via downtown storefront window displays; prizes awarded at 7:30 pm on the Main Stage, Saturday, June 17th
- Metuchen Public Library Junebug Art Gallery – Exhibiting the works of 20 artists
For more detailed information on festival events, including locations and timeframes, please visit our web site: www.junebugartfest.com.
Junebug is produced by volunteers and 100% of all donations are used for expenses to run the month-long event for the community. We are very grateful to the local businesses who generously sponsor the live demonstrations, concerts and performances as well as the operational costs of Junebug. If you would like to contribute in honor of 10 years of Junebug, we gratefully accept individual donations via www.junebugartfest.com.
For more information:
- Web site: http://www.junebugartfest.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/junebugartfest
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/junebugartfest
- Instagram: metuchen_junebugartfest
- Metuchen Area Chamber of Commerce: http://metuchenchamberexchange.com/
For more information on registration or the event itself, please contact the Metuchen Area Chamber of Commerce at (732) 548-2964 or at email@example.com.
Junebug main stage concerts are part of The METUCHEN ROCKS! Summer Concert Series, which is sponsored by the Metuchen Arts Council and Metuchen Recreation Department with generous support from the Metuchen Savings Bank. It is also funded in part by the Middlesex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Middlesex County Cultural & Heritage Commission through a grant from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Dept. of State.
Junebug sponsors have helped to present the art events and live performances of this year’s festival as well as to cover operational costs. We are sincerely grateful to the following businesses for their generosity:
Abilitees; Antonio’s Brick Oven Pizza; Bagel Pantry; Berkshire Hathaway Home Services; Bill’s Ineffible Automotive; Black Belt Institute; Borough Improvement League; Cai’s Café; Carpet Maven II ; Community Nursery School; Costello Runyon Funeral Home; DCR Landscaping; Dr. George Ludwig, DDS; Eagle Plans; Farmer’s Insurance, The Edward van Eckert Agency; Flynn and Son Funeral Home; George’s Tailoring & Dry Cleaning; Imma Photography; Law Offices of David Sachs; Main Street Barber Shop; Metuchen Arts Council; Metuchen Cardiology Associates; Metuchen Chamber of Commerce; Metuchen Downtown Alliance; Metuchen Savings Bank; Metuchen Servicecenter BP; NJ Expo Center; Office Depot; Orthodontic Specialists, Dr. Michael Donato, DMD; Paradise Glass; Renaissance Properties; Satori Academy; US Real Estate; Victorian Office Rentals; Western Pest Systems; What’s the Scoop; Woodmont Metro
In addition, many individual donors have contributed greatly to producing Junebug.