Party on the Plaza on New Year’s Eve
METUCHEN, N.J. – Metuchen kicks off 2018 with a once-in-a-lifetime event for the Brainy Borough, celebrating New Year’s Eve as the Town Plaza opens with an outdoor party featuring fire dancers, an LED light show and music, and restaurant specials all night long.
- Woodmont Properties
- Metuchen Savings Bank
- Nexus Parking Systems
- Josell Family and Rosamilia Family
- Looney Ricks Kiss (LRK Inc.)
- Renaissance Properties
- Whole Foods Market
FireMagick, a professional fire dancing company based in NY, will perform in the public Town Plaza, which is located at the corner of New and Pearl streets in downtown Metuchen. Other activities include (please note that more fun is still being planned!):
- Restaurant specials throughout the night, along with family-focused events between 5 pm and 8 pm at participating restaurants
- A 7 pm Greenwich Mean Time Countdown & ball drop in Downtown Metuchen, with assistance from Metuchen Fire Department volunteers
- Chainsaw ice sculpture artist at 8pm from Jimmy Chiappa of Jimmy’s Artistic Creations
- Custom Vintage Photo Booth from Little Detour Photo Booth
- Custom Champagne Cotton Candy (“The Metuchen Magic”) from Asbury Park Cotton Candy Co.
- A DJ on the Plaza from 8 pm to 12 am from Ultimate Entertainment, a Robert Frannicola Production
“The Plaza opening is the culmination of 50 years of smart planning and is a major milestone,” said Eric Berger, chairman of the MDA Board of Trustees. “The MDA is proud to host the first event on the Plaza, and looks forward to the Plaza drawing customers to our downtown businesses for years to come.”
For more information visit www.downtownmetuchen.org
About the MDA
The Metuchen Downtown Alliance is a volunteer-based, non-profit downtown management corporation dedicated to the promotion and revitalization of the designated Metuchen business district (the “District”) in partnership with stakeholders, residents, municipal government and other organizations.