We close Main St for Junebug! June 17th!
SATURDAY, JUNE 17
The Metuchen Junebug ArtFest is celebrating its 10th Anniversary in 2017! You are invited to join us every Saturday night from 6:00 – 10:00 pm in downtown Metuchen to peruse the open air exhibits and window galleries, to engage in the art “live” events and to enjoy the live music performances. On Saturday, June 17th, Main Street will be closed during Junebug to create additional room for activities and visitors. The ArtFest has grown into a pre-eminent art and music festival that welcomes local, regional and national participation. It features several hundred visual and performing artists and draws thousands of visitors from the tri-state area, transforming our central New Jersey community into a month-long celebration of the arts!
6:00 – 10:00 pm
- Junior Bug: Kids Art Zone @ Junebug Plaza, parking lot opposite Lollipop Land
- Live game of “Candy Land” by Lollipop Land; Pop Up Mural and Selfie Station by Creative Twist Events; Face Painting (YMCA); Hub City Fencing performance; interactive sculpture created by Robyn Russo; art project for the Metuchen-Edison Community Dog park
- 4-on-1 Painters on Canvas: The Surrealist Vision on New Street
- Featuring four local artists who will be painting live: Easton Davy, Ed Wetzel, Billy Seccombe and Enrique Zaldivar.
- Junebug Red Carpet Exclusive: Meet the CARBON Filmmaker! @ Alleyway next to Classic Travel – 483 Main St.
- Metuchen resident, Claire McClanahan, is the writer, producer and lead actor in a new independent feature film called CARBON. The movie was a finalist for the Tribeca Film Institute All-Access and Sloan Foundation Grants and is also a semi-finalist in the 2016 Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting competition.
- Claire will appear as a special exhibitor with this behind the scenes experience of her film, which focuses on ambition, motherhood, and human cloning, which is set to begin filming here in Metuchen in October! She will provide an all-access glimpse into the process of making a feature film and will share footage as well as learnings from the development and production stages.
- Hailey’s Harp & Pub Beer Garden @ 400 Main Street, featuring the best of local craft beers on tap
- Novita Wine Bar @ 25 New Street (corner of New & Pearl Streets) featuring specialty wines and Junebug Sangrias, in honor of the David Cendeno Salsa Orchestra that will be performing just up the street on the Main Stage
- Woodmont Metro Food Grove (Woodmont Properties) – New Street, between Novita and Lollipop land; relax and dine, picnic style, with other art and music fans in a communal setting
- Junebug Grab & Go Meals – Take advantage of the Metuchen Downtown Alliance (MDA)-sponsored Junebug Grab n Go menus and purchase a special prix fixe meal from participating restaurants . . . making it easy to order and eat so you can enjoy Junebug nights with your family in downtown Metuchen! Go to https://www.downtownmetuchen.org/junebug-grab-go/ for details.
Activities with Specific Timeslots:
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm– Meet the BLAME Filmmakers! @ Cai’s (420 Main Street)
- 22-year-old Metuchen resident Quinn Shephard’s first feature film BLAME had its world premiere at the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival in April.
- A screening of the film will take place at Metuchen High School on Friday June 23rd at 7pm; for information on how to buy tickets, go to: www.filmmetuchen.org.
- Follow the film on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook: @BLAMEthemovie / #BLAMEthemovie;www.imdb.me/quinnshephard
Performances @ the Main Stage (Corner of Main Street & Hillside Ave.)
- 6:00 – 6:30 – Black Belt Institute
- 6:30- 7:00 – Miss Doreen’s Fabulous Feet
- 7:00-7:30 – Preschool of Rock
- 7:30 – 7:45 – Awards Presentation
- Window Gallery competition winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place)
- Imma Barrera Photo Walk – Top 3 winning photos
- 8:30-10:00 – David Cedeno’s Salsa Orchestra (12-piece salsa band) – The METUCHEN ROCKS! Summer Concert Series