JuneBug ArtFest 2016 Starts June 4th!
Join us for a fantastic array of creative and engaging activities for visitors of all ages!
Saturday, June 4 Schedule of Events:
6:00 – 8:00 pm @ Borough Hall
- Hub City Fencing – New to Junebug this year . . . come experience the exhilarating sport of fencing! This high energy interactive demo will teach you the basic techniques and footwork . Get a coupon for 10 percent off classes when you stop by. Visit them today at www.hubcityfencing.com.
- Metuchen Branch YMCA – Bring your young artist to the Metuchen Y tables for some fun crafts with children’s enrichment coordinator Ashley Krause. Creative adventures for the whole family!
6:00 – 8:00 pm @ 19 New Street
- Lollipop Land – Candy and sticker scavenger hunt! Meet some of the Junebug artists and search for candy and stickers as you explore the ArtFest. If you figure out all the clues, come back to Lollipop Land for a final prize.
6:00 – 8:00 pm @ Senior Center
- Community Nursery School – “CNS Doodlebugs at Junebug” – Four year old students display their paintings and collage interpretations of Pollack, Monet, Matisse, Seurat, and O’Keefe.
7:00 pm – Main Street in front of the Metuchen Savings Bank
- Junebug Sculpture – Witness the unveiling of the eight foot tall interactive 2016 Junebug sculpture! The vibrant and mischievous wooden masterpiece was created by humorous illustrator and designer Chris Reed – and will engage visitors via a fun “Bug Portrait” photo opportunity.
6:00 – 10:00 pm – Henna tattoo art outside the Buddha’s Loft storefront – 401 Main Street
6:00 – 10:00 pm – Chalk Walk @ Borough Hall
@ Main Stage
- 6:00 – 6:30 Jill Justin Dance Alliance
- 6:30-7:00 Metuchen High School Footlighters – (Scene from Romeo & Juliet)
- 7:15-7:45 Princesa – (Rock)
- 8:00 – 8:45 Past Tense (Classic Rock)
- 9:00 – 9:45 The Daytrippers (Instrumental Jazz/Rock Fusion)
@ Hailey’s Harp & Pub
- 6:00 – 7:00 Framework Acoustic Jazz Ensemble (Brazilian Jazz)