Junebug ArtFest Second Night
Here are the things that happened Friday June 10 at Metuchen’s Magical Mystery Junebug ArtFest. If you missed them, shame on you! Remember there are two more Fridays to experience Junebug.
- ARtFESt FAN CLUb! at the Borough Hall. Children of all ages joined the fan club by creating their very own fan with help from Wanda of Little Fish Art Studio.
- thEAtER FOR KIDS at the Convery Courtyard. Miss Laurie (LeFevre) coordinated a “Music for Kids” event that is sponsored by Gymboree.
- JUNEbUG PEt PARADE at the Forum Theatre Arts Center. Creative everyone got with their pet! Junebug’s PERFECTLY PRECIOUS PET PARADE…where owners of every sort of pet were invited to “Dress their pet like a Junebug”!!! Creativity abounds and cuteness reigns! A ‘hotdog’ accompanied by his ‘Mustard’ got the most votes followed by a LifeDog, err – a dog lifeguard.
- GALLERY OPENING at the Metuchen Senior Center. Featuring a display of artwork created by 9 students of Joan Watterson’s water color class.
- SCULPtURE UNVEILING at The Raconteur. Artist/sculptor Roy Chambers unveiled his 8’ Don Quixote sculpture made from re-purposed metals. Yes, the “Second Night” featured not only the Pet Parade, always a crowd-pleaser, but the unveiling of Roy Chambers’ new sculpture at the Raconteur, lively performances by varieties of musicians, dancers, spoken word artists and great visual art of every kind.
- MAStER ARtISt FILMS at Driveway near 443 Main Street (Classic Travel & Tours). People got acquainted with the 2 master artists who will give presentations later in the month. Several short films shown.
Still undecided on attending this Friday’s festivities? Well we hope you’d make up your mind and come down Metuchen Main Street from 6 to 10pm!
EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT:
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm – Interactive events for children and adults in front of Borough Hall
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm – The always-popular “chalkwalk” near Borough Hall
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm – More than 75 local and regional artists exhibiting a variety of work from paintings and ceramics to stained glass, jewelry and photographs
- 7:00 – 10:00 pm – Live music at a range of venues throughout town, ranging from Brazilian to Bluegrass to Class Rock to open mic performances
THURSDAY, JUNE 16
- 7:30 pm Sandy Skoglund, an internationally recognized conceptual artist, sculptor and photographer, will be our first guest lecturer, presenting an overview of her work @ Old Franklin Schoolhouse
FRIDAY, JUNE 17
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm – Interactive Events @ Borough Hall
1) Zumba Dance Performance by Andrea Orlando
2) Local artists Robyn Trimboli-Russo and Robert Russo of Metuchen Creative Studio will help participants create Ink Monsters
3) Cher Krumins-Beens will lead a “Jump into Spanish/Salta” interactive activity involving the creation of paper maracas in the shape of a red eye tree frog
- Open-air screenings of short films in the Convery courtyard (next to the Cigar store)