- WHAT: Monroe Artist Thelma Fried at Metuchen’s Rotunda Gallery
- WHEN: Now through June; Artist’s Reception Sunday, April 27th
- TIME: Weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Artist’s reception April 27th 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Metuchen Borough Hall, 500 Main Street, (corner of Main Street and Rte 27), Metuchen, NJ
- PRESENTER: The Metuchen Arts Council
- COST: Free
- CONTACT: Grace Shackney (732)549-3294/ email@example.com
A new show featuring the work of Monroe artist Thelma Fried is currently on view at The Rotunda Gallery in Metuchen’s Borough Hall at 500 Main Street in Metuchen, NJ. The public is invited to an opening reception on Sunday, April 27th, from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Thelma Fried works in oils, watercolor, pen and ink, pastels, photography and collage. Many of her pieces are done on corrugated cardboard cut to expose the paper ribbing that allows the light and shadow to play over the surface. Her show at The Rotunda Gallery showcases a number of these different techniques.
Born in New York City, Ms. Fried is a graduate of the prestigious High School of Music and Art. She has exhibited extensively in group shows throughout New York and New Jersey and has had one person shows in New York State and locally at the Monroe Township Library.
The Rotunda Gallery, located in Metuchen’s Borough Hall on the corner of Main Street and Middlesex Avenue, is a non-traditional public gallery space created in an effort to invite the arts into the everyday public life of the Borough. The gallery is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. Ms. Fried’s work will be on view through the end of June.