October 11: Opening Day 5% Day
On Opening Day, 5% of the days net sales will benefit The Borough Improvement League of Metuchen. The organization is devoted to community service and preserving the historic Old Franklin Schoolhouse.
Funds raised will go towards:
- Increasing the energy efficiency of the Schoolhouse
- Upgrading their recycling program
- Acquiring rain barrels, as well as several large garden pots (to be decorated by volunteer artists)
- Their annual scholarship fund – in its 87th year!
LIVE MUSIC AT COMIDA FRESCA
- OCTOBER 13 • 4PM – Local musician Gary Mazza fuses his love of traditional Latin music and his passion for the freestyling improvisations of both jazz and jam band masters!
- OCTOBER 14 & 21 • 3PM – The MarsDen, an Acoustics/Electric band from New Jersey, appeals to all ages with a mix of classic rock/country and original songs!
- OCTOBER 15 & 22 • 3 pm – The Power-tones have been on the New Jersey music scene for 20 years! Playing Jump blues, New Orleans Mambo and your favorites from the 80’s and beyond – Music for all generations!
OCTOBER 14 • IPM
Our Team Members will sample the season’s bounty highlighting products at their peak taste and at a great value – Stop by try something new!
VALUE STORE TOURS
OCTOBER 18 & 25 • 12PM
Tony Bianchino from “Out Run Your Fork” will show you how you can eat healthy on a budget.
OCTOBER 19 • 6PM
Join our talented Cheesemongers as they show you how to pair the perfect holiday party cheeses with delicious accoutrements.
KIDS PUMPKIN DECORATING
OCTOBER 28 • IPM
As part of the Haunted Downtown Alliance, we’re excited to offer a Pumpkin decorating class for your little ones. They will enjoy festive treats while decorating! Pumpkin purchase required.
NO TRICKS, JUST TREATS KIDS TOUR
OCTOBER 30 • 4PM
Happy Halloween! Bring your little Boos and Ghouls, for a SPOOKTACULAR time with no tricks, just treats! They will enjoy walking through the aisles and departments learning about healthy – and yummy – snacks. Costume required!
OPENING DAY PHOTOS: